Are you a critical thinker interested in impacting the quality of life for all Tulsans and building your knowledge base of City functions in the process? If so, the Office of the Mayor is looking for you to intern this summer!
Session I: May 14th – June 29th
Session II: July 9th – August 17th
To be considered, email a resume and cover letter to Kimberly Madden, email@example.com, detailing which session you would like to be considered for, any special interests areas in governance, and what makes you a good fit for this administration by Monday, April 9th. All positions are unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the mission and vision of the Mayor by working with various facets of the administration, including but not limited to the Office of Performance Strategy & Innovation, the Office of Community Development & Policy, the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, and the Resilience Office.
- Research and prepare materials for presentations and correspondence on a variety of municipal governance areas.
- Support the administration’s efforts concerning education funding and public health.
- Assist in the creation of the foundation for Tulsa Day.
- Research and present municipal incentives for economic development and best practices in addressing similar issues.
- Translate municipal documents into other languages including Spanish, Hmong, Burmese, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic, and Zomi Chin
- Input, compile, clean, and analyze data for office use.
- Other duties as assigned by Administration Staff.
- A minimum of 15 hours per week.
Applicants should be at least a sophomore in college and at least 18 years of age. All majors are encouraged to apply. Key skills include:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Basic social media platform skills
- Coding experience, R or Python, is a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Research and analytical skills
- Writing, editing and proofreading
- Strong consideration given to bilingual applicants