2013 City Hall In Your Neighborhood Meetings to Focus on Funding City Needs With Third Penny Sales Tax, GO Bond Issue
ARCHIVED PRESS RELEASE: Published 2-22-2013
Mayor Dewey Bartlett and the Tulsa City Council will host a
second series of City Hall In Your Neighborhood public meetings,
this time to receive public comments about funding city needs with
the Third Penny Sales Tax and General Obligation Bond Issue. A vote
is planned for November 2013.
The public meetings will be held in each of the nine City
Council districts on Monday and Tuesday evenings in March and
April. All meetings will begin at 6 p.m. The meeting schedule is as
- March 4, Tulsa Community College Center for Creativity, 910 S.
Boston Ave. - District 4
- March 11, Martin Regional Library auditorium, 2601 S. Garnett
Road - District 6
- March 12, Fellowship Bible Church chapel, 5434 E.
91st St. - District 8
- March 25, Booker T. Washington High School auditorium, 1514 E.
Zion St. - District 1
- March 26, Webster High School auditorium, 1919 W.
40th St. - District 2
- April 2, Whiteside Park Community Center, 4009 S. Pittsburg
Ave. - District 9
- April 22, Hardesty Regional Library Frossard Auditorium, 8316
E. 93rd St. - District 7
- April 29, Hale Junior High School auditorium, 2177 S.
67th E. Ave. - District 5
- April 30, Hamilton Elementary School, 2316 N. Norwood Place -
After public comment has been received at the first nine
meetings, the Mayor and City Council will draft a proposed capital
improvements program. This will be presented at four more citywide
public meetings. When the program is finalized, it will be placed
on a ballot for voter consideration in November.