Public Education & Community Relations
Our mission is to create a change in attitude toward fire and
life safety behaviors through education in fire and injury
Educating our community is a collaborative effort between many
organizations and agencies. The Tulsa Fire Department works closely
with the Tulsa Police Department, SAFE Kids, Tulsa Area Red Cross
and Tulsa Senior Services.
- Fire and Life Safety Presentations
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Training (Classroom only, no live
- Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Career Fairs and Community Helper Presentations
- Fire Station Tours
- Fire Truck "Show and Tell" Presentations
- Juvenile Firesetter Referral Program
- Fire Safety Mobile Classroom Trailer (For use with
2nd grade students in the Tulsa city limits)
Each of these programs will be customized to fit your needs. We
speak to preschool age children through senior adults. If you would
like more information about our programs or would like to schedule
a presentation, please call (918) 596-9420.
- Child Passenger Safety - The Tulsa Fire Department offers a
free car seat check-up every third Thursday of the month at Fire
Station 22 located at 7303 E. 15 St. from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Smoke Detectors - In the event a fire fatality occurs,
firefighters go door-to-door to canvas the area near the fire
location, to make sure every home in the area has a working smoke
detector. Periodically, firefighters, performing Project Life, will
also canvas one square mile areas installing smoke detectors in
high fire incident neighborhoods.
If you are a homeowner and cannot afford a smoke detector,
please call (918) 596-9420. An appointment will be scheduled for a
free smoke detector installation. (Note: Landlords must provide
detectors to renters.)