Become a Volunteer
You make a difference in the lives of Tulsans
Making a difference has never been easier. Just follow these simple steps to get started.
1) Sign Up as Serve Tulsans volunteer HERE.
When you sign up as a Serve Tulsans volunteer you will become part of an extraordinary group of people in Tulsa ready to make a difference in the lives of others. We will send you volunteer opportunities every month perfect for your individual skill sets and interests.
2) Find the perfect volunteer opportunity HERE.
Search for volunteer opportunities by keywords in the search bar or use our alphabetical list. Once you find an opportunity, you can sign up or request more information from the organization directly through the listing. It's that simple!
3) See the good work being done by organizations across Tulsa HERE.
Here you can find brief summaries of the impressive work Tulsa's diverse nonprofit organizations and community groups are engaged in every day. You can search for organizations by keywords or by searching our alphabetical list. Find volunteer opportunities associated with Serve Tulsans organizations by accessing the volunteer opportunities list.
Create a Serve Tulsans Volunteer Resume
By volunteering in Tulsa, you can make a difference and meet new people who share your interests. Volunteering provides a great way to expand your professional and personal network while contributing to your community. Keep track of the connections you make and take time to record the hours you have invested.
When you volunteer with an organization registered on the Serve Tulsans website, you become eligible to receive a Volunteer Certification from the City of Tulsa. Use this Volunteer Certification to impress prospective employers, colleges, and more.
To receive a Volunteer Certification complete the following:
- Track your volunteer hours and organizations to create a Volunteer Resume
- Have a registered Serve Tulsans organization sign off on the hours you have completed
- Provide the name and contact information for the organization’s representative
- Complete a minimum of 100 hours
- Email your Volunteer Resume to email@example.com
- Please indicate if you would like a digital or paper certificate
Once the Volunteer Resume has been reviewed* and approved, you will be eligible to receive a Volunteer Certification via email or mail.
*The review process can take up to 4 weeks.