twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon

Information Services

Dog and Cat Licensing

City Ordinance requires all dogs and cats four months and older to be licensed annually and have a current rabies vaccination.

City License Fees  Online
Spayed or neutered dog or cat $ 5
Three (3) year license for a dog or cat $ 15
Lost Tag Replacement $ 1

Animal Redemption Fees (effective January 1, 2009)

Impoundment Fee  
Cats, dogs and other small animals $20
Horses, cows and other livestock $75
Daily fees (each day or part of a day, which begins at 12:01 a.m.) $10


Sterilization Deposit (to be refunded if proof of spaying or neutering of animal is provided within 60 days.) $150
Dog/Cat at-large Citation $75
Un-spayed/Un-neutered Citation $75
Unvaccinated Animal Citation $75
Unlicensed Animal Citation $75

Request a Service

If you have an emergency, such as a vicious dog or an animal in distress, please call (918) 596-8010.

For non-emergency service and general assistance, call (918) 596-8010 during business hours Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You can also call the Customer Care Center at 311, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

To report a Barking Dog
To report a Dead Animal to Be Picked Up

Report a Barking Dog

To report a Barking Dog

If you are being disturbed by a dog that is barking repetitively for over ten minutes, this may constitute a nuisance under City of Tulsa Municipal Code.

We first recommend that you speak to your neighbor about this problem before reporting it. Many dog owners are not aware that their dog is barking and are thankful to be informed.

If this is not effective, you can call our investigator, (918) 596-8005, the Customer Care Center at 311 to report this potential violation.

We will send the owner of the dog a warning letter to describe the City of Tulsa's Nuisance Law. We will also send the dog owner recommendations for how to stop their dog from incessantly barking.

We will send you a copy of this letter and directions for next steps if the barking continues after the owners have received the warning letter. You may leave an anonymous complaint - however this will mean you will not receive follow up information for handling the problem if it continues.

Remember, you must leave the exact mailing address of the dog owner or we will not be able to address the complaint.

Report a Dead Animal

Tulsa Animal Welfare Shelter does NOT pick up dead animals. Tulsa residents can contact the City's Streets and Stormwater Department to schedule dead animal pick-up call 311 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

If you wish to report a dead or stray animal on or along any state maintained roadway, you should call the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. The phone number for ODOT at (918) 838-9933