twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon


Grant Evaluators Needed! 

Grants Administration is recruiting volunteers to assist in the review of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant applications.   

Each year, the City receives HUD grants and notifies a mass distribution list of the availability of funds and holds mandatory workshops for all agencies and organizations interested in applying for a grant.   

Projects funded range from homebuyer programs, rental housing, programs to address homelessness, youth after school programs to employment training. All HUD grants target housing and community development projects to serve low- and moderate-income individuals. 

To assist the City of Tulsa HUD Community Development Committee in determining funding recommendations, five grant evaluators are needed to review each application.   

Evaluators receive training (approx. 1 hour) on the evaluation criteria and what to look for when evaluating a proposal. The final training session will be held virtually on Thursday, November 30, 2023. Each evaluator will receive an electronic copy of the evaluation tool and approximately 3 different proposals via the online OneDrive platform. Depending on the type of project, each proposal requires 1-2 hours of time to review. The review process begins mid-November and ends December 22nd. 

2023 Virtual Evaluator Training Session: 

Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer grant evaluator should contact Grants Administration by email at grantsadmin@cityoftulsa.orgor by phone at (918) 596-9084 as soon as possible.  

The City of Tulsa receives federal allocations through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnership Grant (HOME) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA).

Grants Administration coordinates and oversees all aspects of the grant submissions and provides oversight to ensure ethical compliance. In addition, Grants Administration provides support to City departments to ensure the implementation of policies and practices are in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and contract stipulations. Grants also provides expertise in budgeting, reporting and contract and compliance monitoring.

HUD Accomplishments Report

The City is pleased to share a summary of the accomplishments achieved for Program Years 2020 and 2021 in the HUD Accomplishments Report below. This funding comes from the following HUD programs: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA). Additionally, the City received Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funding creating CDBG-CV, ESG-CV, and HOPWA-CV activities.