What sets Tulsa apart from other cities? A city steeped in a rich history of legacies and legends, Tulsa has an experimental, pioneering spirit allowing it to endure failures as well as successes. Betting on an oil well that might run dry gave Tulsa a unique business character and an optimistic perspective. Tulsans celebrated oil booms and weathered busts as they planned how the city would attain greatness. Legends, oil barons, musicians, artists, philanthropists, left an indelible mark on the city. They secured access to abundant drinking water lasting generations, and peppered the skyline with art deco towers, some of the most beautiful examples of art deco architecture to be found in the United States. Read more...
Why Tulsa? A Clear Vision….
- $884.1 million renewal of the expiring Vision 2025 sales tax for economic development, education, health care, event facilities, capital improvements and community enrichment.
- Mayor G.T. Bynum set an aggressive course to fund 80 percent of the 37 economic development projects by 2022.
- Funding Bus Rapid Transit, placing 22 percent of Tulsa residents within a 10 minute walk of 72,000 jobs.
- Downtown public investment of $32 million spurred a total of nearly $1 billion in private and public investment since 2008. The BOK Center, funded by the original Vision 2025, anchored downtown and became the catalyst for new public and private investments. As a result, districts such as the Brady Arts District have been redeveloped. Downtown is in rebirth.
- The 100 acre Gathering Place for Tulsa: $350 million investment - the largest private investment of park land in U.S. History.
- Investing $10 million in education to attract and retain high quality teaching talent. Tulsa continues to be on the forefront of investing in early childhood education.
- Supporting start-ups and job creation with incubators and entrepreneurial hubs.
- $145 million public investment in the Arkansas River and surrounding area over the next five years.
Downtown Development Fund | Downtown Housing Demand | Tax Incentive Districts | Tax Increment Districts