Adopt A Stream
Make a Positive Impact
We’re looking for dedicated community volunteers to help clean up our local creeks and streams that will result in a more healthy and beautiful environment for us all. Whether you’re part of a youth or school group, business or industry, you can help our waterways stay clean and free of litter and other contaminants.
How to Get Started
- Complete the forms below and email them to Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As soon as your group, organization, business or industry receives approval,* schedule two stream cleanups a year and remove trash from your designated stream channel along the banks and vegetation areas, etc. Your Adopt-A-Stream Coordinator must contact the City of Tulsa prior to all cleanup events.
- Keep accurate records of all creek cleanups using our report forms, courtesy of the City of Tulsa’s Stormwater Quality Group.
- Submit field survey forms to the Stormwater Quality Group no later than 30 days after the cleanup has taken place.
- Adoptee must not have more than two Notices of Violation (NOVs) per calendar year as determined by the Stormwater Quality-Compliance and Enforcement group.
- Each volunteer from the adopting organization must sign the “Release and Waiver” form for Adult/Minor Volunteers” and obey all of the rules of the program.
- Adoptee is responsible for the proper disposal of all trash and recyclables they pick up. The City of Tulsa may be able to pick up trash and recyclables determined on a case-by-case basis.
- PACE membership (includes recognition on the City of Tulsa’s Stormwater Quality PACE webpage).
- Certificate of Appreciation and a window cling (to display in your business or organization), as well as recognition in presentations, social media and Stormwater Quality newsletters.
- Signage in the watershed signifying the adoption of the stream.