Volunteering With Us
Interested in volunteering to help our community's homeless animals?
As a volunteer, you have a significant impact on the lives of Tulsa’s homeless animals. Seeing how the animals immediately respond to the love and attention they receive will warm your heart. Most importantly, volunteering saves lives.
Located at 3031 N. Erie Avenue, Tulsa Animal Welfare cares for over 11,000 animals a year. We house a variety of animals; mainly homeless cats and dogs who need a safe, warm place to stay while waiting for a new family.
Tulsa Animal Welfare Shelter would not be able to help these animals without the support of dedicated and compassionate volunteers. Volunteers who are willing to donate hours of service to Animal Welfare each year assist us in providing direct care of animals, education, administrative projects, events outreach, and more.
Objective of the Volunteer Program
- Offer support to the programs and services provided by Tulsa Animal Welfare
- Aid in educating the citizens of Tulsa about humane and lawful treatment of animals
- Enhance the human and animal bond through customer service and public relation efforts
Become a Volunteer today!
Please contact the COTAW at (918) 596-8006 for more information.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Those between the ages of 13 -17 must have signed parental consent and be accompanied by an adult.
- Volunteers must complete an application packet.
- Volunteers must attend and successfully complete mandatory Volunteer Orientation and site tour.
- Volunteers must successfully pass reference and background check processes.
- Volunteers should be aware that certain volunteer positions require additional training.
TAW Volunteer Coordinator