Small Business Enterprise Program
Home | SBE Directory | Data | Oversight Committee | Training | Apply
Interested in learning more? Take this survey to see if you could qualify to participate in Tulsa's SBE Program.
Why become a Certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE)?
City of Tulsa projects have a 10 percent SBE utilization goal. This goal directs prime contractors to identify and subcontract with Certified SBEs for 10 percent of the total dollar amount of the bid. Bids. Bids that do not meet this threshold can be rejected, even if they are the lowest bidder.
The SBE Program has created significant business opportunities for Certified SBEs. On forty-seven completed City projects the SBE utilization rate has been 15.8 percent of all project expenses, and Certified SBEs have earned a total of $10.5 million.
Certified Small Business Enterprises have earned over $10 million in the last three years
Are you eligible?
To be considered for SBE Certification, your small business must:
- Have been operational for at least one year prior to application
- Have annual sales volume (averaged over the previous three years) of less than $3 million or construction income of less than $5 million
- Be a for-profit business, independently owned with a physical address in one of the following counties: Tulsa, Osage, Rogers, Pawnee, Wagoner, Creek or Okmulgee
- Have capacity to perform work independently or as a subcontractor relative to its field of operation, and where required, has a license or certificate issued in his or her name
- Be owned by a person able to work in the U.S. legally
Become a Certified SBE
Apply to Become a Certified Small Business Enterprise Here
To complete the application, you will need the following documents:
- Verification of Place of Business (ex. lease, deed, property tax bill, etc.)
- Verification of Revenues (federal tax return)
- State of Oklahoma Certification of Incorporation
The SBE Program Policies and Procedures Manual provides additional information on program requirements, policies, and processes. Download the Manual below.
SBE Program Policies and Procedures
Find projects with SBE Utilization Goals on the City of Tulsa Engineering Services Construction Bids website.
- Scroll down to find a list of upcoming projects
- Each project provides details on the scope of work and states the SBE Utilization goal
- All contractors who plan to bid on the project must attend a pre-bid meeting to qualify; attend the pre-bid meeting to learn which firms you can contact to work with
- If you cannot attend a pre-bid meeting, attendance is posted for each project
Download the Current Availability List for Projects to see upcoming projects. The list includes information on project information, SBE Utilization, and pre-bid meeting dates.
More detailed information about the construction projects bidding process can be found at the City of Tulsa Engineering Services online. All non-construction bidding opportunities are available Purchasing Bid Opportunities & Results online.