Using the Self-Service Portal
Self-Service Portal | Tutorials | FAQ
Our Self-Service Portal lets the customer take charge of the permitting process. Registered users may apply for new permits, manage applications, pay invoices, schedule inspections, etc. Guest users have access to most of the information associated with building permits with flexible search tools.
Important Information Regarding Applying for Trade Permits online
- Only licensed contractors can apply for certain permits. The system enforces this by comparing the Self Service Portal log in email address to the email address on file for the contractor. Other contacts (homeowners, office administrators, etc.) may be added to the permit to allow them to track permit status, pay fees, schedule inspections, etc.
- If you get an error message in the online system stating you do not have the proper license to complete an application, please call (918) 596-9456 to update your license registration.
Invoices, Payments, Escrow Accounts
- The Self-Service Portal is a “pay as you go” system that accepts only credit card payments.
- To pay an invoice online:
- Select “Pay Invoices from the black menu bar on the log-in screen (You do not need to log in or register.)
- Enter the full invoice number including “INV-“
- Click search
- Click the “Pay Now” button at the bottom right of the screen
- If you prefer to use an escrow account, you may do so by phone if there are funds in your account. Please call (918) 596-9656 for assistance. Escrow deposits may be made in person at the Permit Center or by mailing in a check.
Building Permit Application Versions
The City’s permitting system uses versions of building permit application submissions.
- The first version usually requires three reviews – architectural, zoning and WSD (water, sewer, drainage)
- Subsequent versions consist of the failed reviews from the previous versions.
- The permit is ready to be issued when all of the reviews are approved.
Submitting Revisions Online for Building Permit Applications
- Submit revisions online only if your original submission of plans was electronic. (The Final set of approved plans must be either fully electronic or fully paper.)
- Notify the reviewer if you submit a revision online
- Submit revisions when all the reviews required for a version are complete.
- To upload a revision
- Log in
- Open the correct permit
- Select Supporting Docs from the menu bar
- Browse to find your document
- Submit to upload it.
For permits and projects initiated prior to April 30, 2018:
Open applications and active projects initiated prior to April 30 have been transferred to our new system and issued new permit numbers, please call (918) 596-9656 to schedule inspections.
Safety – Livability – Economic Growth