twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon

Section II - Program/Project Information

1. If we apply for a CDBG or ESG "physical" project, what outcomes do we report?
The outcome for a "physical" project relates to some type of real property improvement. However, your objective must tie to your program outcomes (the services you provide to people) and how the physical facilities support that purpose. If you are applying for a "physical" project you must complete BOTH parts of Section II of the application so that it is clear what program you will conduct after the acquisition, rehabilitation or new construction of the facility is completed.

2. Is it possible to include more than one Community Goal in the same proposal?
If your program/project meets more than one goal, you may list those goals.

3. What are projected performance measures? How are we to calculate this section?
Included in the RFP is Appendix 3 - Goals, Objectives, Performance Measures, and Outcomes, which gives a more detailed explanation of what the performance measures should include. This information is used to evaluate the performance or the success of the program/project.

4. What follow-up tracking is required? Is it for a period of one year? Besides tracking the benefit of the service provided, what other information do we need to track?
At a minimum, the demographics of each individual served is required. Other information to be reported is specific to each unique project and grant type. Back-up documentation is required for the information that is reported. The timeframe for reporting could be one year or longer depending on the type of grant and on the scope defined in a written agreement with the City.

5. What if the question in the application does not apply to my program/project?
If the question is not applicable for your program/project, simply type in N/A to indicate that this question in "not applicable."

6. Our organization plans to submit a proposal for a physical project and would like to request beginning the HUD Environmental Review process now. What do we need to provide to get this process started?
We appreciate your proactive response to the HUD Environmental Review process, but without the information required in the RFP application, the City would be unable to proceed with a review. Until the funding allocation process is further along, the City would not begin any HUD Environmental Reviews. Some projects, such as new construction, may also require a Phase I Environmental Assessment and your organization may begin this process at your discretion.

7. If we are doing a new construction project, do we have to have a Phase I Environmental Assessment completed and attached to our application, or can we simply state we will have it done prior to beginning any part of the project?
If a Phase I Environmental Assessment has not been done at the time you submit your application, please submit information in the application that states you will have it completed and an estimated date of completion that corresponds to the project timeline submitted with the application.

8. Is there a cost associated with the required Environmental Review for construction projects?
There is no cost associated with the HUD Environmental review which the City performs.

9. We completed a Phase I Environmental Assessment in the past on the vacant land that we are now proposing to use for our rental new construction project. Will it need to be updated?
Phase I Environmental Assessment standards are set by the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials). Any updates and what part or parts of the report need to be updated should be directed to that organization, the company that performed the review or the City of Tulsa's Development Services. You may submit the report with your application and include an explanation that required updates will be completed upon approval for funding.

10. May an applicant submit a request for physical project funds if the applicant has received funding for a similar project in the previous year?
Physical projects may be constructed in phases and an application for funds for another phase of the project may be requested.

11. May an applicant submit a request for physical project funds if the applicant currently has a contract with an option to purchase a building contingent upon approval of a change to the zoning code of the location?
If the application requests funding for an acquisition and the contract states the OPTION to purchase, it is acceptable as long as the option is contingent upon a HUD Environmental Review completed by the City of Tulsa. Proper zoning is a requirement for a rehabilitation or new construction project at the time of application.

12. Is there a form or guidelines for an MOU?
Grants Administration does not have any forms or guidelines for MOUs. Agencies may use whatever form fits their situation best.

13. May an application for a physical project covering multiple locations be submitted?
A separate application must be submitted for each rehabilitation project.

14. We would like to have more detail on collaboration to answer the question in Section II, part IV, question A. "Identify other agencies in Tulsa (including non-profit and government) that provides services similar to the proposed program/project. How do the programs differ? How do they overlap?"
Collaboration among agencies is encouraged due to advantages in sharing resources, communication, and minimizing duplication of program services. If other programs are serving the same defined group of beneficiaries as your agency, complete this question with the names of the agencies, a description of how your program is different from other programs, and the identification of services where the programs overlap (i.e. services performed, frequency and location of services, population sector). If the services provided by your agency are unique and do not overlap other agency program services, that should also be noted.

15. We are applying for an after school tutoring program (which we have applied for and received funding for in the past) however, we would like to change the name of the program and a little bit of the structure. Should we acknowledge in the grant request that this is an existing program?
Yes, classify the program as existing and explain in the program description that you are changing the name and restructuring an existing program.

16. Question J only asks for the "Last Name" of staff members being listed on the table. Do you want the full name of the staff member or only the last name?
Only the “Last Name” is required for completion of the Program/Project Staff Capacity Table in Section II: Program /Project Information, Question J.

17. Under Section II: Program/Project Information, II. Program/Project Description, C. Describe the proposed program/project—I wanted to clarify that the character limit is now about 1500 rather than last year’s 3000 under Exhibit A (there is no language describing a character or word limit).
As noted at the beginning of Section II, the character limit for all narrative responses in Section II is 1500 characters in the CDBG, ESG, and HOPWA applications.

18. Regarding the table of staff members who will be involved with the project, what should we do if we will be hiring a staff member? Will this be detrimental to our chances of receiving a grant?
A staff member that is being hired for a position that is currently vacant should be identified as TBD (To be Determined) for Last Name with the Job Title and Duties of the position fully completed.