Information Technology projects are typically sponsored by a requesting department and are governed by the IT Governance Board (ITGB). While some projects may be department specific, the ITGB promotes cross-departmental use of applications and systems.
Multifactor Authentication Implementation
- This project will implement multifactor authentication in compliance with new federal guidelines for any person that accesses criminal justice information. Multi-factor authentication is a method of computer access control in which a user is only granted access after successfully presenting several separate pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism - typically at least two of the following categories:
- knowledge (something they know)
- possession (something they have)
- inherence (something they are)
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Phase 2 for Water and Sewer
- This project will provide BCDR for the remaining Water and Sewer Systems leveraging the infrastructure investment for the Utility Billing System BCDR project.
Business Intelligence and Analytics – All Departments
- This project will provide dashboards for the performance management data gathered by various systems so the City can actively monitor and adjust the operations using near real times data.
Data Automation – All Departments
- This project is a component of the Business Intelligence and Analytics project implementing Data Automation tools to ensure that data is processed and published in a timely manner.
Lucity Asset & Work Order Management – Streets and Stormwater
- This project is a multi-staged/multi-department implementation of the Lucity Asset Management and Work Order System leveraging the investment made by the Tulsa Metro Area Utility Authority (TMUA).
Permit and Licensing System – Permit and Planning/Working in Neighborhoods
- This project is a multi-staged/multi-department implementation of the Tyler Energov system leveraging the investment made by the City in the Tyler Enterprise Resource Planning system.
Utility Billing – Utility Enterprise Systems
- This project is a component of the Enterprise Resource Management project implementing Tyler Technologies utility billing system that will be fully integrated with the Munis Enterprise Resource Planning System.
Office 365 – All Departments
- This project is a multi-staged/multi-departmental implementation of Office 365 and Exchange Online. It will provide tools for all users to effectively collaborate with each other no matter their location.
Multi-Year Projects Underway
Enterprise Resource Planning – Finance and Human Resources
- This project is a multi-staged/multi-department implementation of the Tyler Munis System for Enterprise Resource Planning. Core Financials went live in December of 2017 and Human Resources went live in January of 2018.
Records Court Management System – Police, Courts and Prosecutor
- This project is a multi-staged/multi-department implementation of the following systems:
- Police Records System Selection (RCMS Project)
- Court Records System Selection (RCMS Project)
- Prosecutor Case System Selection (RCMS Project)
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Pilot
- Many of the City’s computers are approaching or have exceeded their 5-year life cycle replacement. In an effort to reduce the cost of new computers and IT support, IT will be implementing a pilot system for Virtual Desktops. Along with providing long term cost reductions, this system will allow the city to make better use of its compute resources while providing improved end-user performance.