Information Technology Initiatives are infrastructure projects that support the organization and ensure the security and safety of all City data and systems. These projects are worked primarily by the IT Operations staff and are in direct support of all Information Technology projects.
- VOIP Replacement System – All Departments
- This initiative is a multi-staged/multi-department replacement of the current VOIP system. It is currently not funded, so alternative solutions are being investigated.
- Security Upgrades
- This initiative is a multi-staged initiative to address security risks within the City network.
- Increase Internet Bandwidth
- The City is operating in a Hybrid Cloud environment where some system reside within the City’s Data Centers and other systems reside elsewhere. This model of operation requires constant review of network bandwidth to ensure maximum efficiency of our clients.
- New Intranet/Doc Library Implementation
- This initiative will provide an improved user experience and document sharing for City Employees.
- Redundant Technology Implementation
- SQL Server Always On
- This will provide data redundancy for City systems
- Server/Storage Replication
- This will provide system redundancy for City systems
- Backup to Disk and Disk to Disk Replication
- This will provide storage redundancy for City systems as well as a more reliable backup solution.