Central Center in Centennial Park
Address: 1028 East 6th Street
Phone Number: (918) 596-1444
Monday-Wednesday & Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Our facilities will be closed on the following City holidays:
- Friday, April 2, for the Easter holiday
- Monday, May 31, for Memorial Day
Buildings hours are subject to change without notice. For staff safety facility may close following the conclusion of the last activity. Please call ahead of arrival for more information.
Tulsa Parks Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The City of Tulsa’s Park and Recreation Department remains committed to ensuring the safety of our staff and residents and continues to consult with the Tulsa Health Department and CDC guidelines. Please note the following temporary practices and protocols are in place at our center:
- Building hours and programs are subject to change in response to health guidelines and protocols, including additional restrictions, rescheduling and/or cancellations.
- Online registration is available at https://guide.tulsaparks.org/ and is the preferred method of enrollment and payment for most programs and events to reduce your wait time and increase safety.
- Masks are required for anyone to enter the facility and temperature and contact information will be taken.
- Each program will have a unique set of health and safety guidelines for the activity/event.
Additional updates and policies will be communicated by center staff as well as posted here and our social media accounts.
General Policies Required Up Entry to Facility
- Please do not enter if you are feeling sick or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Enter only through designated entrances and exits (directional signage is in place).
- Face covering MUST be worn to enter the building (may be removed for physical activity).
- Must sign in at front desk AND scan your Tulsa Parks ID card.
- Temperature checks for anyone entering building.
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Always maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- No group gatherings allowed.
With spectacular views of the Tulsa skyline, Central Center in Centennial Park is an ideal location for such special occasions as weddings, receptions, reunions and community events.
Central Center's amenities include: an auditorium with stage, fitness room, visual arts room, commercial kitchen, and several meeting rooms. Overlooking the pond is the Vista Deck that hosts many outdoor events. Find out more about renting Central Center.
The beautiful 12,500-square-foot Central Center is just west of 6th and Peoria and overlooks Centennial Park with its plush landscaping and water features.
Classes, activities, events, meetings and programs are scheduled throughout the year based on the season. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our current programming through the end of the year is limited and we have updated rules and guidelines in place for specific programs.
Spring Recreation Programs Start March 1!
View Central Center's Winter Program Guide for youth, family, adult and senior programs, including health and fitness programs and services, education and leisure activities, and music and dance clubs!
View Spring Program Guide
Fitness Room | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. | $2 drop-in, $15 for 20 visits & Ages 55+ are FREE
PLEASE NOTE: Per COVID-19 protocols, the Fitness Room will be closed for cleaning and sanitizing every two hours. Please call ahead of visiting to confirm the Fitness Room is open.
Fitness, Health & Sports Programs
- Kids' Spring Fishing Derby (Ages 6-15)
- Saturday, May 22, 6:30-10 a.m.
- Registration at 6 a.m.
- Calling all young anglers! Come out to Centennial Park for our second Kid’s Fishing Derby. Bring your rod & bait, catch some fish, win some prizes, and have a great time. Parents are welcome and encouraged to help the younger ones. Fishing gear is not provided. This a catch-and-release event.
- Spring Fever Teen Health Carnival (Ages 15-19, parents welcome)
- Saturday, May 29, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Join us outside for carnival games, booths, and more, all themed around sexual health, healthy relationships, and general wellbeing. Come and get the knowledge and tools you need to empower yourself, and to make healthy and informed decisions around sexuality in our current time. Oh, and did we mention there will be prizes to win? Don’t miss out!
- Virtual Wellness Series
- Central Center is holding a virtual wellness series every Wednesday during April on Facebook Live. Join us as we go over the 4 major areas of health and wellness
- April 7- Physical Health
- April 14- Mental Health
- April 21- Emotional Health
- April 28- Behavioral Health
- Each session will have its own detailed PowerPoint, tools to help you in your day-to-day life, ways you can get help from your community, a video presentation, and some guest speakers. For more information, contact Central Center staff. Instructed by Megan Buyckes.
- POUND Workout (Ages 16+) - TEMPORARILY CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
- Tuesdays, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- Cost: First visit FREE | $5 drop-in class | $40 for 10 classes
- Channel your inner Rockstar with this cardio-jam session inspired by the energizing, infectious and sweat-dripping fun of playing drums. Instructed by Angela Schoenrock.
- Self Defense
- Returning soon. Dates and times to be announced soon.
- If you ever find yourself in a situation where you might need to defend yourself, it would be important to know the correct methods and styles to keep you safe and unharmed. This class on self-defense can do just that with qualified instruction of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, and other defensive arts.
Education, Leisure, Music & Dance Programs
- Accordion Band Club (All Ages)
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - Noon | FREE
- This group meets for practice every month. If you are an accordion player and wish to look into joining this group, feel free to drop by and chat with the members. Band members must be able to read music.
- Swing Dancing (Ages 12+)
- Thursdays, 5-7 p.m.
- $5 per class
- Learn the steps and moves to become a great swing dancer with this no frills, easy-to-follow dance class. New social distancing and safety measures are currently in place. Instructed by Pam Butler.
Visit Central Center's Facebook Page for a full list of events and virtual programs.
- Grow Your Own Luck (Ages 6-12)
- Wednesday, March 17, 10:00 -11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $10 for residents / $12.50 for non-residents
- Show your Irish Spirit and plant your own very shamrock bunch on St. Patty’s Day! Decorate your shamrock planter, plant your shamrock bulbs, and, with a little luck, watch your shamrocks grow!
- Make Your Easter Basket & Eat It Too! (Ages 6-12)
- Saturday, March 27, 10:00 a.m.-Noon | Register by March 24
- Cost: $15 for residents, $18.75 for non-residents
- Make your very own Easter basket out of, you guessed it, boxes of candy! Then, try out your new basket with an indoor-safe egg hunt. Register soon, space is limited. Parents are welcome to help build the baskets.
- Spring Food Drive
- March-May, 2021
- Central Center has teamed up with the Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma for a Springtime Food Drive! Bring your canned or packaged non-perishable food donations can be brought to Central Center during regular hours.
Events & Rental Rates
Due to COVID-19, some of our rooms will not be available for rental. Below are the two options we have available at this time. For more information on our policies and restrictions during COVID-19, along with amenity changes, contact Central Center or visit our website at www.tulsaparks.org.
- Auditorium (Includes Vista Deck and Atrium)
- Weekdays: Mon.—Thurs. $125/hr
- Weekend: Fri. & Sat. $200/hr
- Current maximum capacity is 48 people
- Activity Room 2/3
- Weekdays: Mon.—Thurs. $75/hr
- Weekend: Fri. & Sat. $125/hr
- Current maximum capacity is 15 people
The information below reflects our rates and policies under normal circumstances.
Central Center has the space for your event. From small classrooms and meeting spaces to the spacious (150-180 capacity) Auditorium, Central Center can accommodate your needs. The flexible rental rates include three set 'packages' as well as hourly rates available. Please note: 'Weekend' includes Friday and Saturday.
Rules and Regulations
A $100 NON-REFUNDABLE fee is required to reserve your rental space (applies to your rental fee). Complimentary set-up and use of Central's tables & chairs are available. Central staff is not responsible for set-up when the party is using tables and chairs from other rental vendors. Please review all rental regulations and responsibilities (above) prior to booking your event.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call Central Center at (918) 596-1444.
Park & Recreation Policies
Please note, Tulsa Parks has specific policies regarding recreation transactions, programs, services and centers as well as follows all City of Tulsa policies, regulations and laws. You can read all our department's policies on our Park Policies webpage.
Tell Us What You Think!
After your involvement with a Park program or activity, please take a few moments to complete an Evaluation Form. Thanks!