Tulsa's trash program offers several options to meet your refuse and recycling needs:
- A 32, 64, or 96-gallon trash cart
- Once- or twice-a-week pickup
- Curbside, backyard (up to 100 feet from the curb) or extended backyard service (more than 100 feet from the curb).
Households may request a change in cart size at any time for a $10 fee. To change your cart size please call 311 or email Tulsa311@cityoftulsa.org during regular business hours.
Reminder, if you have curbside service, you must place your carts within four feet of the curb.
Disposing of Extra Refuse
To dispose of trash that does not fit inside the refuse cart:
- Bag and seal extra trash and apply a refuse sticker to the bag so that it is visible to the hauler.
- Set bagged trash three feet from your refuse cart by 5 a.m. on your collection day.
- You can put out a total of 15 bags (refuse and/or greenwaste) a week at the curb
- Additional refuse stickers may be purchased at area QuikTrip® locations, or at City Hall, 175 E. 2nd Street, Payment Center, Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Friday, 7:30 - Noon.
- For large items that do not fit inside of the trash cart, such as an appliance, mattress or piece of furniture, call the City of Tulsa at 311 during regular business hours or email Tulsa311@cityoftulsa.org to arrange for a Bulky Waste pickup. Learn more...