Sales Tax Rebates Available to Qualifying Residents
ARCHIVED PRESS RELEASE: Published 1-2-2013
In each of the next two years through 2014, eligible Tulsa
residents may receive $25 rebates for sales tax from the 2008 Fix
Our Streets package. Rebates will be distributed in 2013 according
to eligibility in 2012.
Residents must submit applications to the City of Tulsa each
year to receive a rebate. Applications for the 2012 rebate are due
by April 15, 2013.
This is the third year for the Fix Our Streets Sales Tax Rebate.
In 2012, the second year of the program, nearly 13,000 Tulsa
residents submitted applications and received the $25 benefit.
Tulsa residents may qualify for rebates either by age - 65 years
or older for any part of 2012 - or income through eligibility for
the Oklahoma Sales Tax Refund or Oklahoma Earned Income Tax Credit.
It is recommended that residents who qualify both by age and income
use age as their eligibility for faster processing.
Other requirements for the rebate:
- Recipient must have lived in the Tulsa city limits for at least
one year prior to application.
- Recipient must be the family member who contributed the
greatest share of income for his or her household.
- Rebates are limited to one per household.
- Residents can obtain forms in several ways, including:
- At City Hall, 175 E. 2nd St. - Street Level Customer Service
Cashier and City Clerk
- By request from the Customer Care Center, (918) 596-2100
- Online through the City of Tulsa
The City of Tulsa will send rebates to recipients after the
Oklahoma Department of Public Safety has verified age eligibility
and/or the Oklahoma Tax Commission has verified income eligibility.
This process will begin after the April 15 tax filing deadline and
will take several months beyond that. Some Tulsa residents may not
receive their rebates until the fall of 2013.