Give a Second Chance at Love: Adopt a Shelter Dog this Valentine’s Day
This article was archived on 2/17/2021
Looking for a fur-ever kind of love this Valentine’s Day? There are plenty of shelter dogs looking for the perfect companion.
Tulsa’s Animal Welfare is hosting a “Sweetheart Special” February 12-14, with reduced adoption fees on dogs to drive community support and promote shelter adoptions.
Adoption fees on all dogs are $40 during the event.
Call (918) 596-8001 to book an appointment.
Dogs will be allowed to go home with an adoption approval on the same day.
You must meet the following requirements to be able to adopt an animal from the Tulsa Animal Welfare Department Shelter.
- Be 18 years of age or older with a valid Oklahoma driver’s license or other acceptable identification.
- Never had any cruelty convictions, animal control violations, or broken any adoption contracts in the past.
- Download and print the Adoption Application and take the completed form with you to the Shelter. You can also complete the form at the Shelter.
- Visit with the animal you plan to adopt.
- Pay the adoption fees by cash, check, or credit card. Debit cards are not accepted.
- Pay the adoption fee the same day as the adoption. We do not place any holds on any animals.
- Know the laws and regulations of keeping a pet in the City of Tulsa (ordinances.)
- Agree to and sign the “Adoption Contract.”