Mayor Bynum Releases 2022 Annual Report
This article was archived on 2/28/2023
Today, Mayor G.T. Bynum shared the 2022 Office of the Mayor Annual Report, which consists of a variety of programs, projects and events his team at the City of Tulsa worked on and championed over the past year.
“2022 was a year of incredible economic growth and historic investment in our city,” Mayor G.T. Bynum said. “The overwhelming successes that we saw this past year have allowed us to hit the ground running in 2023 as we continue to work together to address our greatest challenges and move our city forward.”
- Passed the most comprehensive budget in City of Tulsa history that totaled 944.9 million – a budget that resulted in pay raises for all non-sworn City of Tulsa employees, the establishment of a Real Time Information Center, a fully-staffed Tulsa Fire Department, and much more.
- Announced the largest housing endeavor in City history — a half-billion-dollar housing initiative that seeks $500 million in community investment over the next two years for direct housing investments, incentives for private-sector investors, and anything else that expedites the closure of housing gaps that exist in Tulsa
- Celebrated a $132 million commitment from Scheels to build a sporting goods store in the former Sears space at Woodland Hills Mall — a huge commitment expected to bring in hundreds of jobs and visitors to Tulsa as well as the first Scheels location to the state of Oklahoma
- Realized $46 million in investments to Tulsa’s arterial and non-arterial streets, completing six major street projects within the past year
- Received a $39 million Build Back Better Grant for the Tulsa region’s Advanced Mobility Cluster, which is expected to create numerous jobs and build out Tulsa’s drone and mobility infrastructure for years to come
- Hosted Tulsa’s fifth PGA Championship, bringing in an estimated $150 million in economic impact for our city
You can view the complete 2022 Office of the Mayor Annual Report at www.cityoftulsa.org/mayor and watch a video with Mayor G.T. Bynum introducing the 2022 Annual Report.