Mayor Bynum Releases 2023 Annual Report
Today, Mayor G.T. Bynum shared the 2023 Office of the Mayor Annual Report, which consists of a variety of programs, projects, and events his team at the City of Tulsa worked on and championed over the past year.
"2023 was an incredible year focused on growth and investment in Tulsa," Mayor G.T. Bynum said. "We made substantial progress on several important initiatives including homelessness and mental health, and voters once again showed their overwhelming support of continued investment into Tulsa through the approval of the third Improve Our Tulsa package. While we always face challenges over the course of a year, I am continually impressed by Tulsa's resilience and ability to always move forward. Our successes in 2023 have allowed us to already hit the ground running in 2024 and I look forward to seeing what we accomplish in the year ahead."
- Received voter approval on the third round of Improve Our Tulsa, an $814 million sales tax package that does not raise taxes but funds critical improvements to City facilities, equipment, and street infrastructure while making a substantial investment toward a $104.2 million Tulsa Housing Initiative to help fill a critical housing need in Tulsa.
- Progressed on nearly 20 different initiatives to address homelessness, housing, and mental health, with multiple citywide efforts underway.
- Implemented a new organizational structure to further embed community focus in City services — a move that established the Department of City Experience, reestablished the Public Works Department, and brought the Tulsa Planning Office back to City Hall.
- Exceeded our two-year $500 Million Housing Challenge goal in under one year, with the total sitting at more than $526.95 million at the end of 2023. This total captures all types of housing projects (new construction, renovations, conversions) and a variety of single-family, multi-family, and everything in-between.
- Responded to the second largest greenwaste event in Tulsa’s history, collecting more than 1 million cubic yards of greenwaste and documenting more than $16.6 million in damages.
You can view the complete 2023 Office of the Mayor Annual Report at www.cityoftulsa.org/mayor and watch a video with Mayor Bynum introducing the 2023 Annual Report. Media are welcome to use the video.