Request for Proposals Open for Evans-Fintube Redevelopment; Community Engagement, Final Developer Selection Schedules Announced
This article was archived on 11/7/2021
City, Tulsa Authority for Economic Opportunity Open Request for Proposals for Evans-Fintube Redevelopment; Community Engagement, Final Developer Selection Schedules Announced
(Tulsa, OK) – The City of Tulsa and Tulsa Authority for Economic Opportunity (TAEO) have opened a Request for Proposals (RFP) to create a destination, mixed-use project at the Evans-Fintube site.
The Evans-Fintube site sits on an 11-acre property at the eastern edge of the Historic Greenwood District, directly Northeast of Downtown, and next to the future USA BMX National Headquarters. The site includes the Oklahoma Ironworks building, a 120,000 square foot former industrial facility on the National Register of Historic Places.
The RFP follows a Request for Qualification, which led to the selectin of four teams for a shortlist of potential developers. These four teams will participate in a three-month community engagement and proposal design process to determine the final developer for the site. The community engagement process will include three formal meetings:
- September 23, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. The first meeting will provide community members the opportunity to meet the four teams, explain their goals for the site, and provide feedback on the project moving forward. People will be able to attend either virtually or in-person. Sign up to attend online. In-person locations will be made available at a later date.
- October 19, 2021, 5:30 – 8 p.m. The second meeting will involve each team presenting initial ideas for the site including building plans, community engagement, and community opportunities created through the project. Community members will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on each initial proposal.
- December 2, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. At the final meeting, the four teams will present their final proposal with a focus on how they adapted their ideas based on community feedback. Community members will have one last opportunity to provide feedback to both the development teams and project Steering Committee.
Community members can also provide feedback on the goals, building plans, and economic and wealth-building opportunities by completing the survey online. People are encouraged to share the survey with others.
The four shortlisted teams have a deadline to submit their final proposals for the Evans-Fintube site by November 15, 2021. Selection of a final developer for the site is anticipated in December 2021.
The goals for the Evans-Fintube project include:
- Celebrate and enhance the history and cultural diversity of north Tulsa and Greenwood;
- Implement a strong community engagement program, seeking input from all stakeholders;
- Develop spaces for entertainment, cultural, and retail uses with the goal of creating a destination that generates wealth for North Tulsa community members; and
- Create economic, wealth-building, and ownership opportunities for Greenwood and the North Tulsa community through employment, entrepreneurship, training, and other initiatives.
The City and TAEO continue to actively recruit firms interested in participating in the development, design, and construction of the future Evans-Fintube Project. If you own or work at a construction, engineering, architectural, or other company and are interested in learning more about opportunities, complete the brief survey online.
More information about the Evans-Fintube project and RFP can be found at www.cityoftulsa.org/EvansFintube. Community meeting information and surveys are also available online.