Tulsa Winter Weather Update Feb. 3 – 4:15 p.m.
This article was archived on 2/8/2022
This afternoon, City of Tulsa street crews started applying additional salt to the roadways.
Combined with increased traffic, salt application has helped to improve street conditions ahead of the additional expected snowfall. As of this morning, more than 1100 tons of salt have been used in this event. City of Tulsa street crews remain on 24-hour response and will continue operations until the conclusion of the snow event.
For detailed information on the City’s snow and ice response, personnel and equipment numbers, and route information, visit www.cityoftulsa.org/winterpreparedness.
Operational Updates and Closures
- Refuse and recycling collections are impacted due to the weather, with trucks unable to safely provide services in residential neighborhoods today and tomorrow. It’s asked Tulsa customers be patient, keep their bins on the curb, and wait for crews to pick them up whenever neighborhood street conditions improve. Commercial services may also be delayed if the trucks cannot safely provide service.
- Tulsa City Hall will remain open for most in-person business today, except for the Permit Center, which will be closed for in-person business on Friday, Feb. 4, with staff continuing to take calls during business hours. Inspections will not occur Thursday and will resume when weather conditions improve. To reach the Permit Center, call (918) 596-9456 or visit them online at www.cityoftulsa.org/Permitting.
- The City of Tulsa is encouraging everyone to do business online whenever possible. This includes making utility payments, paying municipal tickets, conducting business with development services, applying for a job, and more. For more information about doing business with the City online, visit www.cityoftulsa.org/eservices.
- Tulsa Municipal Courts will remain open to the public on Friday, Feb. 4. Attendance by defendants scheduled to appear on Friday will be deemed voluntary due to inclement weather. If defendants choose to stay home, their case(s) will automatically be passed to Friday, Feb. 18, 2022. For questions, call (918) 596-1625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tulsa Animal Welfare (TAW) will be closed to the public on Friday, Feb. 4. Both intake and adoption appointments will be rescheduled. TAW advises Tulsa residents to bring pets inside and out of the cold. If coming inside is not an option, ensure your pet has access to shelter that is out of the elements with straw or other warm bedding. Check on your pets frequently and ensure they have access to clean, non-frozen water at all times.
- Tulsa Parks community centers, with the addition of Oxley Nature Center, will be closed Friday, Feb. 4. Tulsa Parks golf courses will be closed through Monday.
- The City of Tulsa Mulch Site at 2100 N. 145th E. Ave. will remain closed until employees get released from snow and ice duty.
- Bulky waste will not be collected until employees are released from snow and ice duty. Those with scheduled pick-ups will have their bulky waste picked up with a one-week delay.
Tulsa County Updates
All Tulsa County facilities will be closed Friday, Feb. 4. However, the Tulsa County Election Board will be open until 6 p.m. and tomorrow from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for early voting.