twitter icon youtube icon instagram icon

FAQs for Individuals and Employees Affected by Coronavirus – COVID-19





The City and TMUA (Tulsa Metropolitan Utility Authority) have temporarily stopped water shutoffs. Residents without water should call 311 to have their water restored.

PSO, ONG and Cox Utilities

PSO, ONG, and Cox have also suspended non-payment disconnections. If you are unable to make payments due to COVID-19, please contact PSO or ONG’s customer service representative.

Housing – Evictions and Funding Assistance


I can’t pay my bills. Am I going to get evicted?

Currently, evictions are suspended in Tulsa County. If you receive an eviction or foreclosure notice, do not move out until told to do so by a court or law enforcement official. With all civil hearings suspended, you cannot be forced from your home by an eviction or foreclosure until April 15 at the earliest.

Can a landlord still file an eviction?

Yes. A landlord can still file an eviction, but no Tulsa County resident can be forced out of their place of residence until April 15 at the earliest.

Where can I get legal assistance?

Residents can get legal assistance by calling 2-1-1 or by submitting their information to OKLegalConnect. Additionally, mothers who live in north Tulsa can reach out to Still She Rises Tulsa, an organization who offers help to mothers in the legal system.

Where can I get funding assistance for housing?

To identify Tulsa non-profits who can help provide housing assistance, please click here. Additional resources offered by the State are available here.

Financial - Fraud


How do I report price gouging?
To report price gouging, contact the Oklahoma Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Unit. All reports, if possible, should be emailed to If you do not have internet access, please contact our office by phone at (405) 521-2029 or toll-free at 833-681-1895.



How do I file for unemployment assistance?

You can file a new claim for unemployment assistance with the State of Oklahoma online a:t Unemployment Insurance pays benefits to workers who have lost their job through no fault of their own. Anyone who is separated from a job may file a claim for unemployment benefits.

How do I learn more about other benefits (like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); SoonerCare (Medicaid); Child Care; Women, Infants, and Children (WIC); Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); Low-Income Energy Assistance, and Oklahoma’s School Breakfast and Lunch Program)? 

A full list of state resources is available at:

Meals – Children and Adults 


How do I get food for my child while schools are temporarily closed?

Hunger Free Oklahoma has partnered with local school districts and food pantries to map all food distribution and pickup sites.  For children 1-18 years of age, please visit, or call (918) 340-9098.  

If I need food for my family, how do I find resources?

You can visit for a complete list of food resources.  To apply for state-level SNAP or WIC benefits, visit:

Are there meal resources for seniors?

The Tulsa Area Agency on Aging offers free meals for homebound seniors in Tulsa & Creek Counties: Call 918-835-4160

Mental Health – Caring for Yourself and Others


Where can I find crisis counseling for emotional distress related to COVID 19?  



How can I best support individuals impacted by COVID-19?

The Tulsa Area United Way has established a COVID-19 Response Fund to provide direct assistance for food, health care and living expenses to Tulsans needing help during this emergency.  You can learn more about the fund and donate directly by clicking here.

How can I support restaurants and their employees?

The Lobeck-Taylor Family Foundation has established the Tulsa Restaurant Employee Relief Fund.  You can learn more about the fund and donate here.  And if possible, order pick-up meals from your favorite local restaurants – that is a key way to support them during this time.

Resources Available to Immigrants Affected by COVID-19


Does my immigration status affect my ability to access health services?

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) encourages all immigrants to access any necessary medical treatment or preventative services. Such treatment will not negatively affect any immigrant as part of a future application for a green card or be considered a “public charge”. See official USCIS communication here:

Please call Oklahoma State Department of Health Helpline 877-215-8336 or 211 if you have symptoms or have any other questions regarding the coronavirus. Multilingual assistance is available.

Do the local eviction and utility policies still apply to me if I’m not a US Citizen?

Yes, the above information regarding housing evictions and utilities assistance are available to anyone regardless of immigration status. Call the multilingual helpline 211 to receive a referral for resources specific to your needs.

Where can I find information and updates about how to prevent COVID 19 in my language?

City of Tulsa website can be translated into multiple languages if you are on a desktop or laptop.

Follow City of Tulsa Facebook page to get access to press videos with information in multiple languages. 

There are also information sheets regarding coronavirus and prevention on Tulsa Health Department website under the Resources tab

What resources are available if I am an immigrant business owner?

"Tulsa Kitchens Unite", sponsored by Hunger Free Oklahoma (HFO),  provides relief to the service industry by paying them a set cost to produce dinners which will be pre-chilled and distributed at HFO-identified sites, such as schools, non-profits and faith-based organizations at no cost to the recipients. Tulsans who are struggling during this unprecedented economic downturn will have a regular-location to pick-up free meals and feed their families.

If you own a local restaurant, food truck, catering service, or other pre-pepared to go style meal service, you can register here :

What if I do not qualify for federal assistance because of my immigration status?

Currently, you can call 211 to receive referral to any legal or financial resource that are available to Tulsa residents, regardless of immigration status. This information will be updated as more resources become available.

Additional Information


If I don’t see an answer to my question, who else can I contact?

The Oklahoma State Department of Health has set up a Coronavirus Call Center that can be reached at (877) 215-8336. Residents can learn more about the State response by visiting Residents can also use the COVID-19 hotline by calling 211.