An Oversize/Overweight Load Permit is required by the City of Tulsa if the movement traverses city of Tulsa streets. Any vehicle, trailer, object or equipment over 14-feet-high, 14-feet-wide, or 90-feet-long is considered oversize and any vehicle, trailer, object or equipment over 90,000 lbs. is considered overweight on city streets.
The permitting process may take up to two (2) business days, but is generally within 24 hours. Once reviewed and the applicable City departments have provided their recommendations, you will receive an approved movement permit. The permit fee is pending.
Instructions: Type and complete the Oversize/Overweight Load Permit Application using Abode Acrobat or Abode Reader. Any omission will delay the Oversize/Overweight Load Permit Application Process. Handwritten applications and faxes will not be processed.
1. Please download the permit application using Adobe Acrobat. You will be able to download the application to your computer, type in the blanks on the application, and save the information on your computer. You will not lose information that you have saved. Upon completion, you can attach the application and any required attachments via an email to the Special Events Coordinator. Your electronic submission will serve as your electronic signature.
2. If you only have the free version of Adobe Reader, you will be able to type in the blanks on the application, but you will not be able to save your work. Print each page as you complete it and do not close your browser if you do not want to lose your work in progress. Once you have completed the application, scan each page. Attached the scanned application and any required attachments via an email to the Special Events Coordinator. Your electronic submission will serve as your electronic signature.
3. Provide information where you are coming from and where you are heading to. Attach an applicable Tulsa and state route map including the turn by turn directions, specifications, description and drawing of the OS/OW load structure.
4. You will have time to submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) naming the City of Tulsa, 175 E. 2nd St., Tulsa, OK 74133, as an Additional Insured.
5. A Monthly Oversize/Overweight Load Permit may be approved for a recurring movement on multiple dates within the same month, if using the same City street route and the load specifications are the same or lesser. You must submit an Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (DPS) Permit by email to the Special Events Coordinator before each movement within the same month.