Oversize Load Permit
An Oversize/Overweight Load Permit is required by the City of Tulsa if an Oklahoma Department of Public Safety Oversize/Overweight Permit is required for any type of movement that traverses city of Tulsa streets. Any vehicle, trailer, object or equipment over 14-feet-high, 14-feet-wide, or 90- feet-long is considered oversize and any vehicle, trailer, object or equipment over 90,000 lbs. is considered overweight on city streets. If your movement meets any one of the four (4) said criteria, complete an online application permit. An OK State Permit is required to review the route and begin the City permitting process.
Oversize/Overweight Loads are not allowed movement one-half hour after sun down and one-half hour before sun up. No OS/OW load movement is allowed on city of Tulsa streets between the hours of 7 and 9 a.m. or between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Any person, firm, corporation, limited liability company, or other entity applying for an oversize/overweight load permit to traverse City of Tulsa streets, other than housemoving shall pay a permit fee as set forth:
Single Oversize/Overweight Load - $65 plus system fees. This fee is nonrefundable.
Monthly Oversize/Overweight Loads - $110 plus system fees. This fee is nonrefundable.
Monthly Permit - Multiple movements within the same calendar month must have the same or lesser loads with identical axle configuration and spacing (unless 80000 lbs. or less) and using the same city route to use this type of permit. This Monthly City permit is only valid if each separate OK State permit is uploaded into the associated City account before each movement during the approved month.
The permitting process may take up to two (2) business days, but is generally within 24 hours. Once the OK State Permit is reviewed, you will receive an approved City of Tulsa permit.
- Instructions: (Please read all instructions before setting up your account)
- Register an account online to start the process.
- In the first site address section box of the application, type the local address of the delivery, which is generally listed on the OK State Permit. Do not use periods or commas, do not spell out directions (e.g. E instead of East), do not use Ave., St., Pl., etc. (e.g. 175 E 2nd instead of 175 E. 2nd St.).and do not type in the city, state or zip code; then Search.
- If just passing thru on the highways with no local delivery but using City streets or ramps (e.g. ramping off and back on), then in the first site address section box of the application type 175 E 2nd; then Search.
- In the first description section box of the application, type the OK State Permit Number.
- In the starting address and ending address section boxes of the application, type the same addresses as listed on the OK State Permit (going to and coming from).
- In the second description section box of the application, type the same Load Description as listed on the OK State Permit including the Axle Weight and Spacing information.
- Make sure the form is complete before you submit it as you cannot go back to correct it once submitted. You can always save the form as a draft to continue later when returning to your account and then submit it. However, you can return to your account and upload any required documents after the submittal.
- The OK State Permit route map is generally too obscured to review. Upload a screen snip of the Okie Pro Mapping System or a Google Link Map to provide a better Tulsa street view.
- An application for an OS/OW Load Permit is deemed complete when the applicant has provided all of the information required by the Special Events Coordinator, including any additional information required by other City departments.
- Please upload a Certificate of Insurance (COI) naming the City of Tulsa, 175 E. 2nd St., Tulsa, OK 74133, as an Additional Insured, before or during the application review.
- You will receive two emails during the permitting process. There will be one email for review (reply accordingly) and one email for approval.
- Call (918) 576-5636, if you have questions or need assistance.