Oversize Load Permit
An Oversize/Overweight Load Permit is required by the City of Tulsa if the movement traverses city of Tulsa streets. Any vehicle, trailer, object or equipment over 14-feet-high, 14-feet-wide, or 90-feet-long is considered oversize and any vehicle, trailer, object or equipment over 90,000 lbs. is considered overweight on city streets.
Oversize/Overweight Loads are not allowed movement one-half hour after sun down and one-half hour before sun up. No OS/OW load movement is allowed on city of Tulsa streets between the hours of 7 and 9 a.m. or between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Any person, firm, corporation, limited liability company, or other entity applying for an oversize/overweight load permit to traverse City of Tulsa streets, other than housemoving shall pay a permit fee as set forth:
Single Oversize/Overweight Load - $65 plus system fees. This fee is nonrefundable.
Monthly Oversize/Overweight Loads - $110 plus system fees. This fee is nonrefundable.
Monthly Permit - Multiple OS/OW load movements within the same calendar month must have the same or lesser loads with identical axle configurations and spacings and using the same route to apply for this type of permit. You must submit an Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (DPS) Permit before each movement.
The permitting process may take up to two (2) business days, but is generally within 24 hours. Once reviewed, you will receive an approved signed permit.
- Instructions: (Please read all instructions before setting up your account)
- Register an account online to start the process.
- In the first site address section of the application, type in the local address of the delivery, which is generally listed on the OK State Permit or Application. Do not use periods or commas, do not spell out directions (e.g. E instead of East), do not use Ave., St., Pl., etc. (e.g.175 E 2nd instead of 175 E 2nd St).and do not type in the city, state or zip code; then Search.
- If just passing thru on the highways but using City streets (e.g. ramping off and back on), then in the first site address section of the application type in 175 E 2nd; then Search.
- In the first description section of the application, use the same description as listed on the OK State Permit or Application.
- In the starting address and ending address sections of the application, use the same addresses as listed on the OK State Permit or Application (outbound/inbound).
- In the second description section of the application, type the OK State Permit or Application Number in addition to the other required information.
- Make sure the form is complete before you submit it as you cannot go back to correct it once submitted. You can always save the form as a draft to continue later when returning to your account and then submit it.
- You can return to your account and attach the required documents even after the submittal.
- An application for an OS/OW Load Permit is deemed complete when the applicant has provided all of the information required by the Special Events Coordinator, including any additional information required by other City departments.
- Please submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) naming the City of Tulsa, 175 E. 2nd St., Tulsa, OK 74133, as an Additional Insured, before or during the application review.
- You will receive two emails during the permitting process. There will be one email for review (reply accordingly) and one email for approval.
- Call (918) 576-5636, if you have questions or need assistance.