Parks, Culture and Recreation
City Chief of Parks, Culture & Recreation | Department Director: Anna America
Deputy Director: Omare Jimmerson
Mission & Vision Statement: To create, provide and preserve quality parks and recreation opportunities that meet community needs for the health and well-being and for all Tulsa citizens.
Quick Facts: Tulsa Parks manages 135 parks covering roughly 6,553 acres. This includes the Redbud Valley Nature Preserve, two specialty centers, and six community centers with various amenities including, fitness facilities, gymnasiums, art studio space and meeting rooms. There are 57 miles of walking trails, two skate parks, three dog parks, and five swimming pools. In addition, there are 227 sports fields*, 99 playgrounds, 94 tennis courts, 8 outdoor pickleball courts, 13 water playgrounds, 18 splash pads, 96 picnic shelters, 4 golf courses and 8 disc golf courses.**
*132 diamond fields and 95 rectangular fields
**29 basketball courts and 36 half courts
(918) 596-PARK (7275)
Other Department News & Highlights
- NEW! Tulsa's summer aquatic season is opening soon! Splash pads and water playgrounds in City parks will be turned on Saturday, May 28, with water available 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily. City pools are scheduled to open Saturday, June 4, and each pool will have their own schedule. For more information about Tulsa Parks pools and park water features, be sure to read our Summer Splash Guide.
- NEW! Enrollment for our summer recreation programs and events is now open! Our summer recreation season runs June through August 2022. Visit https://guide.tulsaparks.org/ to see all our program options, and enroll online or contact one of our community centers.
- NEW! Check out our monthly newsletter to learn about upcoming recreation programs and events at our community centers in May, and be sure to enroll/register ASAP!
- Enrollment is now open for Tulsa Parks Summer Day Camps for kids ages 6-12. You can learn more by checking out our English and Spanish brochures, and then be sure to enroll online ASAP!
- Tulsa Parks is still hiring for summer seasonal positions, including lifeguards, pool cashiers, pool managers and summer day camp counselors. Click each job name to go to its application page, and contact our Aquatics Manager, Nick Pond, at email@example.com or (918) 210-3303 with any questions you may have.
- As of Monday, August 30, the Redbud Valley Nature Preserve is closed to the public until further notice. The growing popularity of the preserve throughout the pandemic has increased foot traffic, as well as instances of vandalism, damaging the environment and the ecosystem. Read the full press release online.
- Tulsa Park has presented it final draft Master Plan to the City Council, parks staff, and the public and is now working on finalizing the plan's documentation and implementation. You can learn more about survey results, watch past presentation and review our final draft here.
Park Map & Locations | Park Rules & Department Policies | Recreation Programs & Centers | Enroll Online for Programs & Events | Donate to Park Friend, Inc. | Apply for City Jobs
Like and follow Tulsa Parks on our social media accounts for the latest park news, information and fun!
@TulsaParks on Twitter | @TulsaParks on Facebook | @tulsaparksandrec on Instagram